Natalie and Marisa are on a mission to feed our children, we both have some picky little eaters. If you are a parent I'm sure you have experienced this before. This blog will be our tales of victories and big fat Fails in the kitchen. Either they like it or they hate it, there's only one way to find out.

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Confetti Chicken Pasta

I actually enjoy cooking. You would not know that though since I tend to make the same thing over and over. It's just that I either lack the ideas or time. For that reason I'm glad there is pinterest! I've gotten SO many ideas for dinner on there. Like this dish for example.

First I'll give you the recipe:
In a dash of extra virgin olive oil cook 2 chicken breasts that are cubed.

Add in chopped yellow, orange, and red bell peppers. Cook until soft. Add in 3 cloves of garlic, chopped fine. I used the garlic paste that can be found in the veggie section of the store.

Add in chopped up broccoli. I chopped it small to "fool" the kids.

In another pot, cook a box of pasta according to the directions.

Set cooked pasta and cooked meat mixture aside to make sauce.

Melt 2 tbsp butter in the same pan you used to cook the chicken mixture. Add 2 tbsp flour, mix constantly for 1-2 minutes to cook. You are making a rue.


Slowly add 1 pint half and half while stirring. Heat to a simmer and add 1 1/2 cups shredded parmesan cheese. Add chicken mixture and noodles, stirring to combine. Enjoy!


Okay now for the critics review:
As I was making dinner, little E came running into the kitchen yelling "I smell something!!!!" I told her it was dinner and she got very excited. When it came time to eat however she took one bite, said "ewwww!" and spit it out. I guess it was not her favorite.

Big T took one look at it and told me it looked disgusting. I encouraged him to try it. He took one bite that had a noodle and chicken and he lost it! He can't stand two different textures in his mouth at one time. Sometimes I can trick him into thinking it is just one thing but not tonight. His dinner was a no go as well.

Big E, who is usually my picky eater, loved it! She ate almost her whole serving....until she asked daddy what the green stuff was. (Now keep in mind that she ate a bunch of this already!) He told her it was broccoli and she spit that bite out, saying "I DON'T LIKE BROCCOLI!" Let's just say that was the end of her dinner.

My husband and I really liked this dish so maybe we can try it again in a few months. They say that a kid needs to try something 6-7 times before they like it.....hmmmmm!

Until next time....happy cooking!

No comments:

Post a Comment