Natalie and Marisa are on a mission to feed our children, we both have some picky little eaters. If you are a parent I'm sure you have experienced this before. This blog will be our tales of victories and big fat Fails in the kitchen. Either they like it or they hate it, there's only one way to find out.

Friday, June 4, 2010

My version of the Double Down Chicken Sandwich

KFC came out with a new chicken sandwich a few weeks ago.

Doesnt it just LOOK fattening?


The concept was pretty cool, especially for chicken sandwich lovers like my husband.
NO bread, its bacon and cheese smashed between two pieces of their fried chicken.

we tried one and ever since the hubs has been wanting to return for another. I however am trying very hard to stay healthy so I kept vetoing the idea. Then I got a BETTER idea....why not make them myself?

You need

Chicken Breasts
american cheese
tomato
and lettuce.

I grilled the chicken breasts outside until they were fully cooked, then I cut them in Half so the breast split open like a sandwich. Then i put it back on the grill to melt the cheese, added the tomato and lettuce and voila!

I may be biased....but mine was SO much better than KFC's


Please excuse the crappy cell phone picture :)


No comments:

Post a Comment