Natalie and Marisa are on a mission to feed our children, we both have some picky little eaters. If you are a parent I'm sure you have experienced this before. This blog will be our tales of victories and big fat Fails in the kitchen. Either they like it or they hate it, there's only one way to find out.

Friday, May 7, 2010

Broccoli Chicken Divan

I'm seeing a trend with me and cut up skillet chicken with Broccoli....what can I say, its yummy!

I got this recipe on Allrecipes using my iPhone app, the dinner spinner!

Ingredients:

1 pound chopped fresh broccoli
1 1/2 cups cubed cooked chicken meat
1 can condensed cream of broccoli soup
1/3 cup of milk
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 Tablespoon butter, melted
2 Tablespoons dried bread crumbs

Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees
2. Place the broccoli in a saucepan with enough water to cover. Bring to a boil, and cook 5 minutes, or until tender. Drain
3. Place the cooked broccoli in a 9'pie plate. Top with the chicken. IN a bowl, mix the soup and milk, pour over the chicken. Sprinkle with Cheddar Cheese. Mix the melted butter with the bread crumbs and sprinkle over the cheese.
4. Bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes or until bubbly and lightly brown

A few notes....the 9" pie plate was not big enough....perhaps I had too much broccoli? Is that possible? we love broccoli!

I used a 9x9 pyrex dish instead.

The ONLY complaint we had at dinner this night was that there was not enough food. We all wanted seconds and there wasn't any left over after the first serving.

Its a yummy and super easy dish to make, I give it 5 stars!

Heres my picture 



mmmmmmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment